Sunday, September 26, 2010

Valor 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate

So that chocolate bar that the friend gave me before my trip to Dana Point – how was it? I don’t recall ever eating Valor chocolate before, so this was going to be a new experience.

It was labeled as 70% cocoa, and is purportedly all natural. The temper wasn’t really anything special, but tough business trips require chocolate for survival, so I dug in.

The taste is complex, with a strong coffee taste and an earthy undertone that leaves a lingering flavor in the mouth. Unfortunately, the cocoa butter is evidently not the best quality, because this chocolate is quite dry, even for a dark chocolate. The flavor is quite nice, but the texture makes it difficult to enjoy that flavor. It was a wonderful treat to have around for my flight back, and a very thoughtful gift that came at the perfect time, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to pick up more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment