Thursday, September 23, 2010

Chip's Chocolate Factory Fudge: Chocolate Peanut Butter

There’s something about the mixture of chocolate and peanut butter that’s hard to resist, even if neither are very high quality. Witness: the number of Reece’s Peanut Butter Eggs I eat every spring. If I have a hard time holding off on those, imagine what it was like to have this chunk of chocolate peanut butter fudge from Chip’s Chocolate Factory around, especially since I knew from trying the creamy chocolate that I could expect something with a superb texture.

The texture, while still smooth and buttery, was just a bit drier than that of the creamy chocolate; perhaps this is why the creamy chocolate is named as such. The peanut butter taste comes through a bit more strongly than the chocolate taste, even though visually, this fudge screams “chocolate.” The peanut butter itself is high-quality, and offers a nice salty contrast to the sweet fudge. I like this fudge, though if I had to pick this or the creamy chocolate from yesterday’s post, I’d go with the creamy chocolate because it was just a little smoother and the chocolate flavor was better featured.

0 comments:

Post a Comment