Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Banana Swirl Brownies: Merging Recently-Made Recipes

Making the banana cupcakes and the supernatural brownies in the same week made me contemplate what would happen if I put them together. In one delicious chocolate creation. I whipped up some extra brownie batter, minus the chocolate chunks, and used some leftover banana cupcake batter to investigate.

Then I got to work in a loaf pan prepared with buttered parchment paper.

One thin layer of brownie batter.

One thin layer of banana cupcake batter.

More brownie batter? Yes ma’am.

And to keep things fair, top it off with more banana cupcake batter.

Swirl around with a knife to mix together the batters.

Pop into an oven pre-heated to 325° F. If making a full batch in a 9”x13” pan, you will want to start with half a batch of supernatural brownie batter and half a batch of banana cupcake batter, and leave it in the oven for 45-50 minutes.

They turned out a little cakey and a little heavy on the banana for my tastes, but I have not yet had trouble getting anybody to eat them. I may attempt a similar recipe with a more refined ratio of brownie batter and cake batter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment