Thursday, February 3, 2011

Teuscher Boston: White Chocolate Bar

Those last two Teuscher bars, especially the last one, were a little interesting, weren’t they? Even though all the ingredients were top-of-the-line, neither of them were bars I’d want to get again, but if they sound like something that appeals to you, you should totally go for them. Remember that if you contact Rachel at the Philadelphia store and told her that you read about Teuscher here on this blog, you get special shipping rates.

While I wouldn’t order either the almond or pink peppercorn bar for myself, I could certainly put together a pretty expensive order from their selection of high-quality creations. I might stick with some simpler creations, like this plain white chocolate bar.

This bar has an instant melt-in-your-mouth texture, but fortunately didn’t melt at all during transport. Brilliant execution on that front.

The taste of this bar isn’t that complex. It is, after all, white chocolate. There’s a bit of a hazelnut undertone and a slight vanilla aftertaste, but sugar is truly the dominant flavor here as the var is very sweet. Unlike many white chocolates, it isn’t very creamy, but the texture is soft thanks to high-quality cocoa butter, which is very much on display in any white chocolate bar. Though the bar is not very complex and is all about the sugar and the cocoa butter, sometimes that’s what you want.

Often, that’s what I want. Too bad the bar is gone.

Do you think white chocolate should be creamy or rely more on the cocoa butter for the texture?

6 comments:

  1. Hmm... I do like the flavour that a good dose of cocoa butter lends. And as long as it still melts, I think I can cope with a slightly less creamy texture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it to be creamy:)white chocolate is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love white chocolate. YUMMY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Hannah Sometimes, I wonder if I could eat cocoa butter like normal butter. On bread and stuff. I love good cocoa butter that much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jess@atasteofconfidence Very cool - so many people are snobby about it, but there's nothing wrong with liking something sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @DashMy favorite that I can find around here in DC is Callebaut in bulk - great for baking. You'd adore it.

    ReplyDelete