Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hotel Chocolat Praline Selection: Feuilletine Praline

As Valentine’s Day draws closer, I hope you’re putting more and more thought into what chocolate you are going to be gifting the important folks in your life. I’ll keep assisting with reviews, continuing along with the Hotel Chocolate Praline selection. After meeting a very thick shell in the Hotel Chocolat Brownie Praline, I wondered if perhaps it was standard for that brand. In order to find out, I had to eat more pralines. Next up was the Feuilletine, which features super-thin pieces of “biscuit,” which I believe is the proper British way of saying “cookie.”

The outside shell featured the signature soft milk Hotel Chocolate coating that I quickly grew to appreciate. This coating had a tiny bit of a coffee aftertaste and featured a stronger chocolate flavor than the coating for the brownie flavor, and was also a bit thinner, meaning that the praline filling comprised more of this treat.

The emphasis on the praline center was well-deserved, as it features the thin pieces of biscuit that amazingly remain quite crunchy despite the decadent, creamy chocolate surrounding it. As an added bonus, the thinner chocolate shell made it easier to bite through the praline and enjoy the treat as a whole, and the soft chocolate contrasted perfectly with the crunchy biscuit flakes. This is a praline that I must – yes must – find more of.

Have you ever had chocolate with “biscuit” in it?

15 comments:

  1. As someone who's never celebrated Valentine's Day in her life... patooey. :P I do like praline though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wish they had Hotel Chocolat stores here! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Hotel Chocolat!! I haven;t tried this praline yet but my mouth is watering right now for it haha.

    I like Ritter Sport milk chocolate with butter biscuit, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "In order to find out, I had to eat more pralines."

    ohhhh darn :)

    this one looks seriously amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that sounds good. The biscuit sounds awesome..I'm not sure I've ever had chocolate with biscuit in it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Hannah Ditto. Down with V-Day! :P


    @Victoria I like biscuits in my chocolate, so these have my approval. What are the little balls on top? Sorry that I keep getting distracted by the decor. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never gotten to try anything like that! It looks amazing though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Hannah Here's how I celebrate Valentine's Day: in the weeks leading up, I drop a lot of money on chocolate. For myself. Surely you can celebrate in such a way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @fitchocoholic I wish I lived closer to one, too! They are really big in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic It's pretty good - I bet you can get a few of these. Never tried the Ritter Sport, will have to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Rachel I know, the life of a chocolate blogger is rough. It really is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @NYgirl@heart It adds a nice crunch. Maybe check out the Ritter Sport that Bianca mentioned, it's probably available at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Jessica @ bake me away! Hey now - if Valentine's Day means that stores sell more chocolate, I'm on board. The little balls on top were just dark chocolate - nothing too exciting, I think it just makes it easier to distinguish the pralines in the larger selection boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @iheartvegetables Pralines are some of my favorite - you should give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog. "I don't have a problem WITH chocolate. I have a problem WITHOUT chocolate." Awesome.

    ReplyDelete