Sunday, July 31, 2011

I'm a Winner: Look at These Blondies

I’m a winner!

What did I win? Some of Rachel’s Butterscotch Blondies with Salted Chocolate Glaze in an auction that Lauren hosted to benefit Steve’s efforts to raise money for cancer research.

Alright, so maybe all I had to do was offer to spend a lot of money for some blondies. But I still won. And had this package waiting for me at home.

Cute, isn’t it? Almost as cute as what was inside.

These bars feature well-distributed butterscotch chips , white chocolate chips, and nicely chopped nuts. And fudge-like chocolate glaze atop it, which offers a nice split of chocolate, sugar, and cream, makes them even more decadent. But what about the bars themselves?

Perfect. A hint of saltiness, a caramel flavor throughout, and a dense, chewy texture that gives way to a pleasant dissolving characteristic at the very end. The components of the bar blend together perfectly, and they were worth every penny I paid for them in the auction.

Rachel, do you have plans to open a bakery? I think it would be a great service to the world. You already have packaging.

Have you ever won baked goods in an auction? Were they delicious?

9 comments:

  1. Even if you paid for them, looks like a win to me! I've never won baked goods in an auction before, but I love bake sales so I can try out homemade snacks. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-HA!! I myself bid on these babies several times, lol! They look scrumptious, congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds lovely! Although you did just have me at butterscotch chips, because they don't exist here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god those look good. Um the cookies you made...I still cannot get over them. So freaking good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thanks for your sweet words! I'm happy they arrived in tact and that you enjoyed them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to try these! Your cupcakes will be on the way very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those bars really were delicious. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, cupcakes on the way too? When you bid, you bid hard! :)

    ReplyDelete