Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bruno's Chocolate Creations: Cherry and Citrus Creams

 I get gifts that look like this often.



When you blog about chocolate, people know what to get you. My boyfriend figured this out soon after he started dating me, and decided to get me some chocolates from Bruno’s Chocolate Creations in Fort Pierce, FL, which is near his hometown.

He also sent a cute note.




It was obvious who it was from, right?

Since this was a large box of chocolates, reviewing them all is going to take a while. With that in mind, let’s go ahead with the fruity chocolates, starting with the cherry cream.





The piece has a clear cherry aroma immediately, and the dark chocolate couverture has a smooth melt with a strong coffee flavor accented with hints of vanilla.


 The cream inside is quite sweet, with a hint of cherry flavor. The texture is fudge-like, though a bit dry, and overall…it is sweet. Very, very sweet. The dark chocolate tempers the sugar overload a bit, but it’s still a bit overwhelming.

Moving along to another fruity piece: the orange cream, which featured an orange aroma from the start.
Again, Bruno’s has used a dark chocolate couverture; it is again smooth, with noticeable coffee and earthy flavors. 

The interior features cream and orange flavors reminiscent of an orange creamsicle.  This is not a bad thing. The flavors are pleasing and cut back on the sugary base of the center, and complement the dark chocolate nicely.

If given the choice in picking my own box, I’d leave out the cherry and replace it with an orange. But that may just be because of my fond childhood memories of creamsicles.

2 comments:

  1. I love cherry and I love orange. I don't know what I would do but that sounds so good either way. Dry chocolate is no good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love orange cream and that looks delicious.
    And the card is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete