Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ritter Sport: Plain Milk Chocolate

I spent last weekend in Seattle for a synchronized swimming meet, and though I didn’t get to do another chocolate crawl of the city, I did get to coach one very awesome young lady. Not just awesome because she made it to this NATIONAL meet after placing first in the free and technical categories at our regional meet, but also because she frequently gives me chocolate.

Including this variety pack of Ritter Sport chocolate bars.

My swimmers love me.

And do you know what I love about this chocolate? It’s accessible. Sure, I love writing about Domori and the like, but not everybody can get that. But Ritter Sport? You can get most of their bars at Target, so my review is probably useful to more people. Especially a review of this 30% cocoa milk chocolate, which is a standard offering at stores that carry Ritter Sport.

The bar has an aroma of dairy and caramel, and a creamy, smooth melt to go along with the dairy.

And of course, there’s a dairy flavor, along with a vanilla after taste that trends just a bit artificial. The texture is superb, but the flavor could use some work.

There are better milk chocolates out there. Sure. But better milk chocolate at Target or CVS? I doubt it.

Have you tried Ritter Sport chocolate? Where did you get it?

12 comments:

  1. I have seen this before but I'm not big on just eating chocolate...it has to be mixed in something like a brownie lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually seen it at target too! I like it a lot. My mom first turned me on to it back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize Target's selling Ritter Sport. Sheesh, just one more reason why I love Target!

    I almost fell for some Ritter Sport last week in Roanoke but decided at the last minute that if I couldn't make a decision after fifteen minutes of staring at chocolate, I should just leave the shop with a postcard and call it good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one of my mom's favorite types of chocolate! She always buys it at the Target that is near us

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Ritter Sport, and I always get that mini pack whenever I can! I do buy it at CVS and other specialty stores. My favorite flavors are: milk chocolate, dark chocolate with marzipan, and milk chocolate with butter cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try some Ritter Sport stuff, its quite hard to get here in the UK! Well at least where I am :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are so cute and rainbow-y!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually the first time I tried Ritter Sport was while I was in Germany years ago. I liked it a lot! I also loved Milka - I think you can get that here now too :) They are such cute little packages!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've tried maaaany a Ritter Sport, thought we have less available here in Australia. I quite like the Marzipan, and really enjoyed the Cornflake one, but I've never seen that one in Canberra. I remember liking the tangy yoghurt one, too! Found the plain nut ones super boring though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ritter is huge here in Germany and there are so many flavors, it's hard to keep track of them. they often come out with limited edition specialty flavors for seasons and events which always are fun to try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! More chocolate reviews for the everyday-man (or woman, whatever). I've seen Ritter around, but have always kind of pegged it as a sub-par brand. Maybe it's not like the fancier chocolates you get the opportunity to try, but it's good to know it might be worth my time to eat. :)

    ReplyDelete