Saturday, November 20, 2010

Teuscher Boston: Dark Chocolate Caramel Truffle

As with the dark chocolate buttercrunch, a dark chocolate caramel truffle found its way into my box at the Boston Teuscher shop because I’d been impressed with the milk chocolate version in my assortment from Chicago.

Given that this truffle was from Teuscher, the outside featured that full-flavored, smooth dark chocolate that is the signature of the dark chocolate Teuscher creations. Intriguingly, it seemed to also have a bit of a vanilla undertone.

Inside, I found a silky smooth ganache that was also dark chocolate based, and was unfortunately just a bit too soft for the outer shell, which snapped away from the interior. Another disappointing aspect of the filling was that the caramel taste was not very apparent, as the dark chocolate flavor dominated the entire truffle. While the dark chocolate of the shell and the ganache was flavorful and high-quality, the caramel flavor was too subtle for this truffle to be much more than a simple high-quality dark chocolate truffle. In this case, I think I like the milk chocolate version better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment