Friday, April 6, 2012

Chuao CoCo Bar

As I noted on Tuesday, Chuao has a vivid imagination when it comes to chocolate bars. And many of these – like potato chips – are brilliant. Since I have a serious soft spot for chocolate and coconut, I gleefully picked up the Coco bar, with coconut, almonds, cinnamon, and coriander, the moment I saw it.


The bar has faint aromas of spice, coconut, and even honey.
 The texture is wonderful, with finely chopped and well-distributed almonds, along with rich, crisply toasted coconut. The bit is soft, with a slightly dry melt that is almost immediately rescued by the rich coconut and almonds.

The bar has a subtle, sweet coconut flavor that comes forward immediately, and is followed by some dairy, and then the coriander, which is acidic and unpleasant. A sad ending to a bar with a delightful texture and opening flavor.

Adventurous, but not my favorite.

7 comments:

  1. Where in and around DC do you get these Chuao chocolates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this bar when I was in NY, got a review of it coming up soon, I loved it yum..liked the different texture contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I was intrigued by the coriander, but now not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, I went to the beach front with my children.
    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter
    and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear and
    screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it
    pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is
    totally off topic but I had to tell someone!


    My blog - link

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to no backup.

    Do you have any solutions to stop hackers?


    Also visit my web site; charis.fgtv.com

    ReplyDelete