Sunday, October 16, 2011

Protein Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies: We'll Miss You, Lauren!

Even though this is a chocolate blog, I occasionally mention items that note that I have a life outside of chocolate (fascinating, right?). If you’ve been following for a while, you’ve seen me post about things like swimming. And sometimes running. And just for fun, maybe doing both and biking in between because, well, why not?

The advantage to being involved in athletics is that I’m surrounded by athletes. Who will eat stuff that I make. Nice, isn’t it? Yesterday, I had yet another opportunity to force-feed some chocolate treats to some fellow athletes, since there was a farewell party for dear Lauren who will be moving to Colorado for school.

Sob. Sad.

But peanut butter chocolate chunk protein cookies? Not sad.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Protein Cookies

1 cup peanut flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoon Truvia (or other sweetner)

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 cup almond milk

1/4 cup egg replacement

2 ounces finely chopped bittersweet chocolate

The key ingredients here are the peanut flour, with its high protein content, and the bittersweet chocolate, with its high delicious content.

Mix the peanut flour, salt and sweetner, set aside. Mix vanilla, almond milk, and egg replacement, then mix with peanut flour mixture. Stir until well combined, then add chopped chocolate. Form into ¾” diameter balls, then bake at 350° F for 10-11 minutes, or until surface is dry.

Then make your athlete friends eat them.

Do you have friends you can feed almost anything to? Do any of them race Ironman-distance triathlons like it’s no big deal?

5 comments:

  1. I'm lucky enough to even have friends who'll eat my raw vegan cookie dough truffles despite thinking they look like raw meatballs :P These look fabulous, though I am sorry you're farewelling a daer friend! It always hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to come here for daily athleticism, as I can't say I've even ever met anyone who races Ironman-distance triathlons like it's no big deal.

    But I guess I spend my time around folks who put up with weeks or months on end of ticks, mosquitoes, and black flies. That's a triathlon all on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look healthy enough to eat the whole batch! I need to invest in some peanut flour:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite things about cooking is sharing it with my friends (whether they run triathlons or not!) :D I do have a friend who started doing some 5k runs, though, and I'm trying to follow his example. More protein cookies for us! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, peanut flour! That sounds like it can only be good news with chocolate. I take advantage of orchestra concerts by bringing cookies and such backstage. Makes me popular for a fleeting moment.

    ReplyDelete