Thursday, October 7, 2010

Vosges Bars: Naga

When I went to the Vosges boutique, it was extremely difficult to keep my purchases within the volume allotted for them in my carry-on. One thing that solved this problem was the “library” of nine different 0.5 ounce bars.

The first one of these bars that I tried was the Naga bar, which purportedly included curry powder and coconut carried by milk chocolate.

Interestingly, the bar itself tells you to not judge a book by its cover. Was this a hint? Was there a lot more to this than the smooth milk chocolate that was visually apparent?

Upon tasting it, it seems that there’s a bit more than meets the eye, as there’s a tiny hint of curry flavor, mostly as an aftertaste, and perhaps a little coconut evident by texture. The milk chocolate, however, is still what this bar is mostly about. And since it is milky but not too sweet, with no off-tasting notes to distract from the hint of curry, that’s not a bad thing at all. This particular Vosges bar is mostly about the chocolate, with just a little something extra. Next time I have the chance to get some Vosges bars, the Naga is one I’d consider picking up.

1 comment:

  1. The first one of these bars that I tried was the Naga bar, which purportedly included curry powder and coconut carried by milk chocolate. single bed razai , 5 seater sofa cover ,

    ReplyDelete