Saturday, October 30, 2010

Olive and Sinclair: 75% Cocoa Bar via Blogger Chocolate Exchange

Something very awesome showed up in my mailbox yesterday afternoon.

Alright, well, that was awesome, but few people get as excited about The Economist as I do, and it usually has very little to do with chocolate. This, however, has everything to do with chocolate.

After I sent Heather some Teuscher super-dark chocolate to sample, she kindly sent me some chocolate from her neck of the woods (Nashville), along with a cute homemade card. I love checking out boutique and bean-to-bar chocolatiers, and these bars by Olive and Sinclair certainly fit the bill. I started off with the 75% cocoa pure chocolate bar.

Inside that sassy wrapper is a dark chocolate bar sourced entirely from the Dominican Republic. The aroma wasn’t that noticeable, so I had to take a bite to find out what this bar was all about.

The bar is quite soft for a dark chocolate, and melts very nicely. Clearly, high-quality cocoa butter is in play here. The chocolate is not very sweet, which allows the chocolate flavor to shine, but there is just enough sugar mixed in to cut the bitterness to make it enjoyable on its own. I sensed a woody taste with a bit of a cherry after flavor. I definitely like this bar, and will be on the lookout for shops that carry it. Thanks, Heather! Nice find over in Tennessee.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you liked it Victoria! Never picked up on the cherry flavor, but will try and pay more attention next time.

    When I first met my husband, he had me guess the one magazine he subscribed too. My first guess was The Economist, and I was right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I ate a lot of it and had a chance to pick out individual flavors :). There's something else fruity in there(something pear-ish or apple-ish) but I haven't quite figured it out. I still have about 2/3 of it left, so I'll let you know if I identify it.

    CD sounds like one great guy. The HEABlet is so lucky to have two wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete