Friday, August 20, 2010

Pineapple and Chocolate: Marriage by Cookie, Take 2

As I mentioned yesterday, I’ve had dried pineapple and dark chocolate on the brain for a few weeks. The recipe given in that post was one way I tried to bring them together in cookie form, and today, there’s another attempt. Today’s creation starts with my basic “mix-in” recipe, and simply incorporates dark chocolate chunks and dried pineapple directly. In order to cut back on the number of cookies I had sitting around, I also only made a half batch of this recipe, but if you made a full recipe, it would look like this:

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened

¾ cup dark brown sugar

¾ cup white sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

½ teaspoon salt

2 ¼ cups flour

8 ounces dried pineapple

10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chunks (El Rey 61% Cacao Mijao)

Per standard operating procedure, I creamed together the butter, sugars, and egg, and then added the vanilla and salt before slowly stirring in the flour. Then it was time for the delicious-looking mix-ins.

Once the mix-ins (that I didn’t snack on) were added, the dough was looking pretty appetizing.

I rolled the dough (that I didn’t snack on) into 1/2 inch balls. Usually, I make bigger cookies, but I was going to be asking people to compare this cookie to the one from yesterday’s post, and figured that making them bite-size would improve my chances of getting several individuals to assist.

These guys were baked at 375° F for 9 minutes, and came out with a wonderful chocolate aroma.

Maybe it’s because I have the mix-in recipe down so well, but I think I like this version of dark chocolate-dried pineapple cookies better. We’ll see what the other taste-testers have to say.

0 comments:

Post a Comment