Friday, April 20, 2012

Chococonut Energy Balls

Last month, I posted a recipe for energy balls that I use on my triathlon training rides. And those Brownie Batter Energy Balls are tasty, unlike many energy aids used for long-distance training and racing (Lemon-Lime Gatorade, anybody?). 

But you can’t eat the same thing over and over, particularly when you are out on your bike for a good portion of the day. No, not even if it’s delicious and chocolate. And since I have a race this weekend that will involve being on my bike for 56 miles, I needed some variety. Different energy balls.

Still using dates for that crucial energy burst.

But this time, with coconut joining the chocolate!
Now presenting, Chococonut Energy Balls.

Chococonut Energy Balls
1 pound pitted dates
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla

Run dates through a food processor until a paste forms, add other ingredients and run food processor until all ingredients are uniformly mixed. Form into ½ inch diameter balls, chill on a flat plate or baking sheet until solidified, then pack in an airtight container for future consumption.

 
And don’t forget to put a bunch in your bento box on your bike. 56 miles is a long way.

6 comments:

  1. I could never digest really solid things at race pace - I think a gel was the closest I would come. You can bet I'd have a ton of these post ride though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it's really beautiful down in SC right now! Have a great race:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm, tasty! I thought these usually included nuts so I didn't make your previous ones. Maybe these are worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, I totally made these (but with walnuts also) for Valentine's day! No, not for a Valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, i can only do gu's for so long ;) hope the race went well!

    ReplyDelete

  6. Best Cryptocurrency Recovery Company | Bitcoin Recovery Specialist | Alpha Recovery Experts

    The ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS recovery team is a global licensed forensic organization that can help you recover stolen bitcoin or tokens in a manner that maintains the highest level of discretion and confidentiality. The team of expert cyber-sleuths and cryptocurrency specialists has years of experience in tracking and retrieving digital assets stolen through fraudulent activities, such as phishing scams, ransomware attacks, and hacking incidents. ALPHA RECOVERY EXPERTS are available 24/7 to provide guidance and support, ensuring that you receive the best possible outcome.

    Contact info;
    Whatsapp +44(745)742,.4681
    Email : (Alpharecoveryexpert@consultant.com)

    ReplyDelete